Saturday, July 31, 2021

 Happy Saturday!

I put in a few hours at work this week!  It's great to get back to work.  I did take it easy and listen to my body.  Also, I was able to get the last drain removed on Friday!  I'm very happy about that!  While they are not terrible, they are quite an inconvenience.   I have really sensitive skin. All the bandages and adhesives are ITCHY.  The surgeon also started filling the expanders with saline this week to get my skin to grow and make room for future surgery.  That process is a bit uncomfortable for a couple of days, but it's a bit hard to tell what aches and pains are healing from surgery versus the saline fills.  

Overall, pain and discomfort are alleviated with meds.  I don't always choose to take them, but I'm not suffering.  I try to go without meds as much as possible because I can't tell what's going on with my body when I take them.  A small amount of discomfort is good as it's a constant reminder to stay within my limits.  This is what I need to do to not over-exert myself.

I'm still waiting on test results to see what is next.  I expect to know no later than August 9th at my next appointment with the oncologist who will manage the next expected treatments. The next treatment(s) will be chemo (if necessary) and radiation, in that order. After that, I will continue to have appts with both surgeons to check on healing and prepare for the next surgery.  My next surgery will be some time after the other treatments. 

I want to thank everyone for their support!  So many have been taking care of Sophie and Sadie while I heal.  It means so much to me that they have a fun summer before school starts.  UCF has been incredibly gracious, allowing me full flexibility to work as I can, whenever I can, fully remote.  I'm fortunate to have such an understanding boss!

I wishing you all well!  

Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment